Sports Vision Training Improves Sports Performance
Are you a serious athlete, or do you simply enjoy playing sports in the neighborhood? Either way, sports vision training is an effective way to help boost the visual skills needed to excel at your chosen sport.
Sports vision training is a customized program to help improve the performance of an athlete by ensuring the body and brain efficiently process the information obtained through vision. It trains all athletes—professional or amateur—to process what they see more accurately. At Grand Developmental Vision Institute we offer sports vision training to help you be the best athlete you can be.
Effectiveness of Sports Vision for Athletes
Well-developed and strong visual skills can help you improve your throwing, hitting, and catching skills, so you can excel in games such as baseball, basketball, football, and hockey—actually, just about any sport!
Sharpening your focusing, tracking, depth perception, and peripheral awareness skills will help you determine the distance between a baseball and the bat or the proximity of another player as you run to the end zone. It’s no surprise that vision training helps athletes to become more effective in any sport they pursue.
Sports vision training helps hone these and other visual skills:
- Eye Tracking – the ability to “keep your eye on the ball.”
- Eye-Hand or Eye-Body Coordination – the ability to use your eyes to direct the movements of your body and hands.
- Peripheral Awareness – the ability to see things out of the corner of your eye.
- Balance – the ability to stay in control of body movement.
- Depth Perception – the ability to accurately and quickly judge the speed and distance of objects.
- Contrast Sensitivity – the ability to distinguish between an object and its background.
- Dynamic Visual Acuity – the ability to clearly see objects in motion.
- Focusing – the ability to rapidly change focus from one object to another efficiently and quickly.
- Reaction Time – the faster you see it, the faster you react, and the faster you move.
The sharper your visual skills, the better you’ll do in any sport you play. Your eye doctor will test your visual skills in specific areas to identify which ones need improvement and will offer you a customized program to sharpen and strengthen your skills in those areas.
At Grand Developmental Vision Institute we offer sports vision training to improve your visual skills so you can become the athlete you know you can be. To learn more about ways sports vision training can give you that extra edge, contact us today!
Grand Developmental Vision Institute serves patients from Winnipeg, Selkirk, Portage La Prairie, and Brandon, all throughout Manitoba.